Interview to Rocío de la Rosa, Business Developer at CTA and responsible for the SPEEDIER training for experts and future trainers.
Q: When will the SPEEDIER Trainers and Experts training sessions kick off? How will this training be like?
A: A first training session both for SPEEDIER Trainers and SPEEDIER Experts will be held by the SPEEDIER Consortium partners under the activities performed for work package 6 (WP6) – Training of SPEEDIER Experts and future Trainers on SPEEDIER guidelines.
CTA is leading this WP6 which their main objectives are:
- To engage and recruit experts and trainers to participate in project pilot.
- To pilot the training workshops for SPEEDIER Experts and Trainers.
- To monitor and evaluate the training programs and pilots.
- To develop long-lasting training schemes in order to ensure the impact of the project in the medium-short term at EU level.
Although it has not been decided yet the concrete final date, the first training session dedicated to SPEEDIER Trainers and SPEEDIER Experts will be held in October – November 2020. The training session will be held virtually and in English, training material will be then translated into pilot countries languages (Spanish, Romanian, Italian) and it will be available on the project website https://speedierproject.eu.
The content of this first virtual training session will be:
- Overview of the SPEEDIER Service.
- Barriers and drivers of energy efficiency in SMEs.
- Real cases examples of energy efficiency.
- SPEEDIER tool for energy audits.
- Training content for SMEs: economical and technical impact.
- Financial and Incentive training.
- SPEEDIER mobile application and other e-Learning materials.
- Pedagogical, monitoring and evaluation techniques training.
Later on, a second training session will be held in the second semester of 2021. During the second training session, the SPEEDIER Consortium partners will support the already trained SPEEDIER Trainers in delivering the training content to other SPEEDIER Experts.
Q: What are the main advantages of participating in this training?
A: The SPEEDIER project, which is funded by the Horizon 2020 programme, is a highly innovative one-stop-shop solution that applies an integrated approach to energy management. The aim of training events organized in the framework of the SPEEDIER project is to promote the wider benefits of energy assessment and energy management among European SMEs.
In this first training event promoted by the SPEEDIER Consortium Partners, information, advice and financing training regarding the implementation of energy efficiency solutions and monitoring of cost savings measures will be provided.
The main advantage of this training session is that the participants will increase their knowledge, skills and abilities and will become SPEEDIER Experts and Trainers.
Particularly, other advantages are that the participants will understand:
- Perception of SMEs needs toward energy efficiency;
- Main barriers inhibiting the implementation of Energy Conservation Measures (ECM);
- How the SPEEDIER ring-fencing mechanism works;
- The contracting options available to govern the relationship between the SPEEDIER Expert and the SMEs;
- The contracting options available to govern the relationship between the SMEs and the energy efficiency provider;
- The functioning of the SPEEDIER tool and the related services;
- The data required by the SPEEDIER tool in order to identify no-cost/low-cost/medium-cost/high-cost ECM;
When the project ends, SPEEDIER Trainers and Experts will have the capability to continuous promoting the self-financing mechanism proposed by the SPEEDIER service among SMEs.